Install of SatNOGS client failing at Install of PyPI dependencies

I’m attempting to rebuilding my station #98. Which was an RPi 3 B+ that died over the summer. I’m installing it on fresh out of the box Odroid UX4 with Debian 11 Bullseye.

I installed Ansible 2.12.10 and it install appears to be going smoothly up until “Install of PyPI dependencies”.

Install PyPI dependencies…
Retrying… (1 of 4)
Retrying… (2 of 4)
Retrying… (3 of 4)
satnogs failed | msg: stdout: Collecting PyYAML==6.0
Using cached PyYAML-6.0.tar.gz (124 kB)
Installing build dependencies: started
Installing build dependencies: finished with status ‘done’
Getting requirements to build wheel: started
Getting requirements to build wheel: finished with status ‘error’

There seemed to be a similar issue about 3 years ago. I tired both the Master and stable distributions.
thanks for any and all help
-Henry

Based on the Debian x86 install you should install sudo apt-get install ansible ansible-core and that will install the following packages:

ii  ansible       5.10.0-1ppa~focal all batteries-included package providing a curated set of Ansible collections in addition to ansible-core
ii  ansible-core 2.12.10-1ppa~focal all Ansible IT Automation

Maybe you can check this.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I originally installed ansible from packages using the procedures from docs.ansible.com for Debian bullseye. I just tried installing Ansible using the alternate pip method and this is what was returned.

~#python3 -m pip -V
pip 20.3.4 from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip (python 3.9)
~#python3 -m pip install --user ansible
Requirement already satisfied: ansible in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (5.10.0)
Requirement already satisfied: ansible-core~=2.12.7 in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (from ansible) (2.12.10)
Requirement already satisfied: resolvelib<0.6.0,>=0.5.3 in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (from ansible-core~=2.12.7->ansible) (0.5.4)

so…darn…
-Henry