How to Upgrade to 1.7?

Hi All,

Can someone guide me on how to upgrade to 1.7? I have tried changing the version in satnogs-setup but the version is still the same.

Kind Regards

1 Like

I believe one way (maybe not the best) is via

satnogs-setup → Software → Experimental → True

Then Apply. That will most likely upgrade the client to1.7x

The EXPERIMENTAL=True branch is currently broken.
Reason: The base image is rasbian/debian 10/buster, but the unstable development branch is targeting rasbian/debian 11/bullseye now.

Thus I highly recommend to not run satnogs-setup Update on stations where EXPERIMENTAL=True right now.

2 Likes

I see 1.8 was just released today(?) too:

I’m just running stock satnogs-client 1.6 though.

I have tried changing the version in satnogs-setup but the version is still the same.

This should work though. Set SATNOGS_CLIENT_VERSION to 1.7, then Update and Apply.

Updating satnogs-client by setting SATNOGS_CLIENT_VERSION can be safely done up to version 1.7, the last release for Debian 10/Buster systems.

I see 1.8 was just released today(?) too:

Indeed, yay! Version 1.8 requires updated dependencies which are not available in buster though.
edit: I’ll prepare a release post in the next days, although this version will not be available for most station for now.

The last days we tested installation via satnogs-client-ansible on a pure Raspbian bullseye & Debian bullseye (thanks @PE0SAT!), it will take a few days until the fixes are reviewed&merged. Then updating bullseye systems with EXPERIMENTAL=True will work again.

5 Likes

Awesome, I look forward to bullseye!

1 Like

Thank you all for your responses,

I manage to get 1.7+51.gb396101

My understanding is that the buster issue is the Python3.8 as ansible needs this version for >2.12.

Kind Regards

1 Like

Looking forward to it… my temporary install is broken again and I put my station offline. I will wait for the new official RPI release… Hope it will natively include AirspyHF drivers and support :wink:

Thanks for all your hard work!

What is the error? Perhaps in your old thread, you could provide an update.

2 Likes