Homing problems

Good morning all

Just need a bit of help Satnog Arduino cnc.
I have set the gear ratio so the it travels to the desired position and all works fine.
My problem is with the homing it starts the homing sequence but stops before it reaches the homing switches.
If I activate the switches before it stops it works.
Any suggestion would be welcomed.

many thanks

Peter(G4GRK)

Hi Peter, i have the exact same problem just wondering if you have found a solution yet. the only difference is i have designed my own pcb using an arduino nano and 2 4988 stepper drivers

Hi there
Still trying to find the solution when I do I will definitely let you know.
I have been working on this project for several months and the biggest problem was the latest version of gpredict wont work on my windows 10 PC keep showing ERROR when I engaged the rotator so downloaded ver 1.4 and worked first time. Everything works fine manual control using rotctl and tracks satellites no problem.

Best regards

Peter

Hi Peter, that would be much appreciated and i will do the same if i find the answer first. i have been working on this rotator for just over a year apart from the motors, switches, bearings and electronics it is all 3D printed and measures 155mm X 100mm x 90mm roughly. everything is ready to be put out as a free set of plans for anyone to make once this final problem has been solved i hope i don’t fall at the last hurdle! from what i have found out so far its all to do with the relationship between the motor stepping and the home delay time. i don’t know if you are a programmer but if you are and would like more detail if you would please let me know