HADES-SA (SpinnyONE) (SO-127) Transmissions

HADES-SA SSDV Image #048 (30h)
2026-08-12 23:48 - 23:49 UTC

3 Likes

HADES-SA SSDV Images #64, 65, 66, 67
August 16, 00:29-00:31 UTC
All frames and Telemetry uploaded to DB

3 Likes

HADES-SA SSDV Images #080 (50h)
August 19, 11:48-11:50 UTC.
All Images and Telemetry frames I uploaded

1 Like

HADES-SA SSDV Images #96 (50Frames,lost 1 frames)
Aug 22 0614UTC

5 Likes

HADES-SA SSDV Images #176 (B0h)
September 9-11

3 Likes

Hi everyone. I was wondering if someone could give me some up-to-date information regarding HADES-SA’s transmission schedule and modes. I am trying to make an automated decoder chiefly for the SSDV images.

Take a recent observation of my own: I play the IQ into the KISSgenesis soundmodem which gives me packets of length 248 (type 13) and length 40 (type 11 CODEC2). These only decode if soundmodem is set to 200 baud. I run both baudrates side-by-side with 8 extra decoders to account for dopler. There is conflicting information online, some examples say it should be 800 baud (same with the SATNOGS DB), while this vibe-coded software expects 1200 for SSDV:

Should I be doing anything different to decode the SSDV or is it that I just missed the transmission? How often does it send out the images vs. the CODEC2 data? I read from a post a few months back it sends the images every few minutes. Unfortunately I only just setup iq retention so I can’t go back and scan all of my captures.

Once the SSDV decoding is up and running, I can develop a post-script to upload the decoded images. I am stuck at the moment as my receiving setup is certainly not optimal (discone outside) and the signals drops at certain elevations.

Cheers

Currently, HADES-SA is configured to transmit at a rate of 200bps (The transmission rate can be adjusted by the ground crew, and if I’m not mistaken, it can reach up to 1600bps).

Here is a table showing the transmission intervals:


More details can be found HERE

To test your app, I recommend using some of the audio examples (or IQ files) we have in this thread. If I’m not mistaken, all of these examples are at 800bps.

Or, of course use network OBS :zany_face: !!

2 Likes

Thankyou - that is extremely helpful!