GRAVES experimentation with GNU Radio

https://fas.org/spp/military/program/track/graves.pdf

Station : Biconal antenna with HackRF One and GNU Radio

View moon between -220 and -240 Hz
View plane between -100 and 100 Hz

Can be used to define satellite orbits with a more sensitive station

3 Likes

Hey @michel, this is super interesting!

A couple of people in our community have tried this approach before and interestingly it yields some nice results and potentially valuable SSA information.

Can I ask your approximate location?

That could be improved and more specific to the frequency observed I guess.

That is also a big area that could be improved. I would argue that a rtl-sdr v3 with a nice LNA and filter could be better that your current reception setup.

Cheers!

My satnogs station :

2 Likes

ARISS project Alpha mission

Presentation of the different types of radar and experimentation using GRAVES radar at the college in Marboz

Explanation of the doppler effect that will be encountered when communicating with ISS

Speed ​​calculation (simplified Doppler) of the planes received this morning using a Slim-Jim antenna, an SDR key and GNU Radio based on flowgraphs from satnogs.

2 Likes

It should be tricky to add 143.050 MHz (Graves frequency) to the ISS transmitter DB to try to see the echo of ISS on several satnogs ground stations ??? Best passes should be when the ISS passes south with 20 deg of elevation from France.

Is there a way to bypass the doppler correction during an observation in satnogs client ?

1 Like

Hello …
Please is there a possibility that he shared his gnuradio grc?

Thanks

I have a serious reception station to share data with RMOB and their good work would give me the possibility of doing other things.

graves-2-3.7.grc.txt (85.0 KB)

Remove .txt extension.
It’s 3.7 GNU Radio version.

Adjust the different values ​​in order to make the signals stand out from the noise.

1 Like

thank you very much Michel

Hi Michel,

You must take the bistatic radar formula for speed calculation.

FXH,