Google Summer of Code 2020 Call for Ideas

As we did in previous years Libre Space Foundations aims to participate in Google Summer of Code 2020 as a mentoring organization. Selected participating mentoring organizations will be announced by February 2020.

Update: Google announced the organizations participating in GSoC 2020, and Libre Space Foundation is one of them.

In a nutshell:

Google Summer of Code is a global program focused on introducing students to open source software development. Students work on a 3 month programming project with an open source organization during their break from university.

Information on Libre Space Foundations’ participation and creating ideas is available here. Please study this link if you plan to participate.

If you have ideas you would like to suggest, feel free to add them by creating an “Issue” https://gitlab.com/librespacefoundation/soc-org/issues/new and choose the “idea” template from the drop-down menu next to Title.

Feel free to ask any clarifications. Either directly on in this thread.

6 Likes

Excited and looking forward to participating in this year’s GSoC with LibreSpace! :smile:

Google has shared the selected mentoring organizations, and Libre Space Foundation has been accepted to participate in Google Summer of Code 2020.

4 Likes

High Power Rocketry tracker with Python

Hi, I’m Farhan, a Undergraduate Engineering student from India.

I am interested to work on this project as a part of GSoC 2020 this summer.

I have experience with Image processing, Tensorflow, CNNs, Raspberry Pi and servo control systems(upto a prototyping stage).

It would be really great if you could point me in the right direction with necessary information and mentors to make this project a success.

I also have access to Raspberry Pi hardware, servos and various microcontrollers.
A hardware accelerator can also be created for the CNN Architecture at the end of the summer if required, as I have experience and access to FPGAs.

Kind regards
Syed Farhan
RVCE, Bangalore

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

I am Divyam Goel, a third year undergraduate from BITS Pilani, India studying Computer Science. I am extremely interested in Deep Learning, and have done multiple projects in the field. I am enthusiastic to become a part of the open source Libre Space Foundation as part of GSoC 2020, and contribute to some of the amazing projects being built by the organization. I am particularly interested in “High Power Rocketry tracker with Python”, and would love to get started on building a prototype. I have experience in Keras, TensorFlow and PyTorch, and can choose any framework as per the choice of the mentors. The mentors for the aforementioned project haven’t been mentioned in the GSoC 2020 ideas document. I would be grateful if someone could connect me to the potential mentors. Moreover, I am looking for a bit of guidance to start building the prototype and then eventually get start drafting the proposal.

Excited to contribute!

Thanks and regards,
Divyam Goel

2 Likes

Hi Guys!
I’m Arun from VIT University. I’m interested in contributing to your organization. I have done a great deal of course work and projects on deep learning, machine learning, computer vision, and robotics. You can check out my Github profile here. I wish to work on the ** High Power Rocketry tracker with Python** I hope you like this idea and accept my project proposal.

2 Likes