Good enough to drop test mode ? Observation 3169063: FALCONSAT 3 (30776)

Regarding Observation 3169063

My station seems stable and with the recent addition of a preamp and QFH antenna gets decent RX on most UHF sats now.

Still some local interference but not much more I can do about that at present.

Would it be reasonable to now switch off test mode and make available for general use ?

Cheers
Hugh

1 Like

Yes, even at that level it will still be useful to confirm satellites are still transmitting, even if you can’t decode everything.

I’d definitely look more info locating the sources of your local interference.

Mark VK5QI

1 Like

Thanks for that Mark, exactly the feedback I needed to understand what the expectations are for groundstation operators, will flick the switch :slight_smile:

As to the interference, I know which devices are the culprits - I’ve over 20 temperature/humidity/weather sensors at 433.85MHz and they are apparently not very clean… For now I’ve switched a bunch of them off as a starting point.

The antenna and preamp are in temporary locations and enclosures at the moment, so once they’re in their final config will re-assess if I have to switch to different sensors or if the extra shielding and 10m difference in distance is sufficient to carry the day and allow me to continue using them.

Hugh

1 Like