G5500 Rotator Help

I’m working on putting together a bill of materials to purchase equipment to use a Yaesu G5500 as a rotator for a station. I have a couple questions, and I’d appreciate any help with them.

1 - Which of the 8 pins on the SatNOGS Arduino Shield output go to the corresponding pins on the DIN port on the Yaesu rotator controller?

2 - How does the Arduino mega connect to the Raspberry Pi running SatNOGS client so that the client can command the rotator using hamlib?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

1:

Shield Pin    Function             G-5500 Pin   Function

1             H             <——>   6            Provides 2 to 4.5 VDC corresponding to 0 to 450 °
2             R             <—->   2            Connect to Pin 8 to rotate right (clockwise)
3             U             <—->   3            Connect to Pin 8 to rotate up
4             L             <—->   4            Connect to Pin 8 to rotate left (counterclockwise)
5             D             <—->   5            Connect to Pin 8 to rotate down  
6             V             <—->   1            Provides 2 to 4.5 VDC corresponding to 0 to 180 °
7             Net-(JP1-Pad7)               
8             GND           <—->   8            Common ground 

2: USB

Thank you! When you say USB, does that mean the miniUSB port on the Arduino Mega goes a USB port on the Pi? If so, I assume the Arduino is powered over the DC power supply - is this correct?

You can use Arduino Uno (slightly cheaper) - connector "USB type B" and simply connect to a R-Pi connector "USB type A" with a USB cable USB 2.0 Cable Type A/B. In this case Arduino is powered over USB, but you can also use DC power supply.