Eyesat-1 FM Transmitter listing problem

In db.satnogs.org, the FM transponder transmitter is shown correctly. However if you try to schedule an observation, the FM transponder frequency is shown as “0.437 MHz” rather than 436.795 MHz.

AO-27 (Eyesat-1) is now active over North America, so it would be great if this could be corrected (even though you can currently use the TLM transmitter option for successful observations).

Its also worth noting that the frequency may have drifted.

–Roy
K3RLD

1 Like

Looks like a simple MHz / kHz mistake:

I’ve suggested an appropriate edit, but this will need to be approved before it takes effect:

2 Likes

Yep. The brain sees what it wants to see. Good catch!

I’ve approved this suggestion. Not sure how long it takes for it to replicate across to network.satnogs.org

Mark VK5QI

2 Likes

It’s updated in network. Thanks, Mark!

Thanks all for finding, suggesting fix and fixing this.

Network requests transmitters from DB each time, so any approved change on the transmitters in DB is immediately available in Network.

1 Like

After several observations (from my station as well as others), it appears that the FM transmitter (probably the telem transmitter as well as I believe they are the same transmitter) is high by about 3 kHz. I tried to suggest a transmitter edit at db.satnogs.org, but it won’t let me log in.

–Roy
K3RLD

Bump.

I cannot log into db.satnogs.com using my new shared login nor my old login. Eyesat downlink transmitters need to be shifted up by 3 kHz, but there is no way for me to suggest a transmitter edit.

–Roy
K3RLD

It is strange that you can not log in DB. Maybe you hit this issue https://gitlab.com/librespacefoundation/satnogs/satnogs-db/-/issues/341. Try this steps and let me know what message you get:

1. Go to db.satnogs.org
  2. Log in by hitting the button at the top right

Anyway I’ll take a look tomorrow for the shifted frequency.

1 Like

Yep, that was it! I made edit suggestions for both transmitters.

–Roy
K3RLD

1 Like

Changes are accepted, so now the frequency is shifted. Thanks!

1 Like