Documenting my rotator build

So this is the “Encoder Collision Bug” which is present in the Release V3.0.1. As the project is moving to mechanical endstops this only is important for people who intent to use the optical endstop.
It is fixed only in the repo at Resolve collision between homing ring and sensor. · satnogs/satnogs-rotator@5c22aa2 · GitHub

The instructable tells me to loosen the screws and tighten them to put tension on the pulley. This works on one side only, on the other side there is no chance of loosening and tightening the hidden corner screws:

Here is my recommendation for solving this problem and for a better stability of the pulley belt (which has its tension only between two set screws). Increase the length of the 4 long bars so you can attach hidden corners also on the outside and you get something of an “H” structure.

For me the Run-In of the Worm-Gear was urgently necessary. Before that it was almost impossible to move and it was a very tight fit. I assume the Run-In is not optional but mandatory at this point but it not documented anywhere. Furthermore the axis of the worm gear should have a sufficient length so you can attach a electric drill in the first place:

2 Likes