Demodulate LRPT from Satnogs IQ file

I’m surprised you’re getting medet to chew on a file that’s only been “complexed and multiplied”

I probably should have shared a single screenshot rather than the bits I did. Looks like you’ve progressed further now but to be clear after complex and multiplying it ends up running back through the main flow via the doppler_corrected virtual stream. One or the other needs to be enabled.

I should also point out that I’d accidentally left the rational resampler in from when I was working with different sample rates. It was marked as bypassed but I’m not sure that sticks through a disable/enable cycle. Best removed unless you’re also adjusting sample rates.

I’ve found the throttle (also bypassed) doesn’t appear to be needed unless you want to follow the GUI in real time.

I’m confused by your constant though. Mine is 1/32767.0 - what’s yours? And what does it actually do?

Me too. This is trying to replicate what’s suggested in How to open satnogs iq.dat files but taking account of the scaling factor in the default flowgraph IQ Sink blocks. These seem to use a divisor of 16768 for some reason, so I use 1/16768 = 59.6374u. It’s rather odd in two ways:

1. I’d expect this to be 2^14 = 16384 but I don’t think it makes a lot of difference. There’s a little more headroom and slightly reduced dynamic range as a result.

2. You should be able to use 2^15 within a (signed) short. Not sure why the default flowgraph throws a extra bit away.

1 Like