Connection Rotator Satnogs

Hello
My ground station is # 810, I am currently working with an omnidirectional antenna and I am working on the installation of the satnogs rotator.

I already built the Satnogs rotator, but I had problems connecting it with shield-Arduino nano - Raspberry pi-3

I am doing the installation of satnogs-rotator-firmware and I stopped in step (.Build the code) I don’t know how to do that “make” and the following connection steps.
Can someone help me to continue the installation?
I appreciate your collaboration!!!

I’m not sure exactly where you are stuck. Have you followed the CNC shield route? wiki link

2 Likes

I am really installing librespacefoundation / SatNOGS / satnogs-rotator-firmware · GitLab because I want to install the driver on Raspberry pi3.
I go in step * Build the code

I’m still missing steps and performing a test I get the following error

Thanks!!:+1:

What does

$ lsusb

print out?

My device arduino is connect in Bus 001 Device 007: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter

1 Like

Ok, please do paste the output of

$ ls -al /dev/ttyUSB*

My Raspberry has had an unexpected shutdown, it doesn’t work, I think I’ll install the last image again :frowning_face:

Hello again friend!

I had problems with my Raspberry and I had to change it, I continued with the installation of the rotator Satnogs and this was the result of his suggestion
Captura%20de%20pantalla%20de%202019-11-09%2014-48-36

1 Like

Be sure your user pi is member of the group dialout.

2 Likes

Hello Patrick

I am performing the rotor connection tests using https://gitlab.com/librespacefoundation/satnogs/satnogs-rotator-firmware#testing-with-hamlib-rotctl-or-with-serial-monitor
The step motors are energized but do not move. Just feel a pulse in them, as if they were trying to move but they don’t, this when using P 10 10 like test

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Unfortunately I do not have any experience with the controller hardware yet, so all my hints will be guesses. Maybe @azisi could chime in here…

1 Like

Hey @diazelkyn! Take a look in rotator controller wiki - Troubleshooting hints.

:beers:

2 Likes