Change Satnogs Username?

Hey all:

I’d like to change the username for network.satnogs.org and db.satnogs.org… Any way to do this? Created the account some time ago and I need to change it… When I go to network.satnogs.org, click on Dashboard -> Settings, I can only change the First Name and Last Name, but not the username.

Sorry for the mess, hope you can help me…

Best wishes,

Dan

I would also like to know if this is an option!

There isn’t an option for changing the username as we use auth0 for unified logins across the sites. There is a process we can perform manually but it takes some time and needs some coordination with the user and we try to avoid it if there isn’t a good reason for changing the username. That said if you still need to change your username please send me a pm.

I would like to change the username and or name of my DASHBOARD login.

Under Grafana there are:

• Name
  • Email (locked)
  • Username (locked)

All three are the same, namely my email address I used to sign up.
Email and Username are locked because of “managed in another system”.
I guess it’s because of using auth0.

Changing the Name gives a green “User updated” message, but after relogin it’s switched back to the email address.

My goal is to prevent disclosure my email address like it will be in the “Updated By” column under Settings - Versions of the dashboards.
Example: Grafana

I’m not sure which one of the three values mentioned above is used to display in that column.

According to the account preferences (https://community.libre.space/u/dl7ndr/preferences/account) my email address is “Never shown to the public.”.

2 Likes

An update on this:

In the current grafana version the username, which is the one that was used in Settings -> Versions of a dashboard, is now getting the right value. Users needs to login for this to be updated though, however we, the ops team, are looking for updating without user login.

The settings page isn’t public but limited to the people that have edit access to each dashboard, currently we are talking about 50 peoples, most of them members of cubesat teams or active satnogs contributors.

Unfortunately this setting is only for the community forum (discourse instance) and it doesn’t affect other services.

Thanks @dl7ndr for reporting this!

1 Like

Thank you @fredy , you’ve done a fine job!
I’m happy now.

Daniel

2 Likes