Can't Add CAS-3A or 3B (not listed)

So I just updated one of my laptops fronm 2.0 to 2.2.1, and because I now have linear capabilities, I went to add all of the linear satellites. However CAS-4A and CAS-4B are not options in the configuration window, even though they are listed in both nasabare.txt and nasa.all (AMSAT TLE server). I’ve tried updating TLE’s from both the AMSAT server and local copies of the most recent AMSAT TLE files and still no CAS-4A/B. Any suggestions?

–Roy
K3RLD

PS. On a different laptop today, I made my first fully automatic contact with Gpredict! It was on CAS-4A with Gpredict controlling the rotators, an RTL-SDR+GQRX, and an Icom 706MKIIG. Wow, so easy! Almost like cheating!

Hmmm. Update, searching by object number - they are there, listed as “object B” and “object D”, and their positions and “next pass” are correct. Strange.

–Roy
K3RLD

Not sure why it doesn’t update manually, but I went into the .sat files for both of the object numbers and changed the name and that seems to have worked. I must say that this laptop has had about 5 different installs of Gpredict on it, so I’m sure there are some terrible artifacts left over from previous installs.

Tonight I controlled all three components (706MKIIG, RTL-SDR/GQRX, and Fox-Delta ST2/G5400B rotators) for the first time with a single computer. No issues thus far. :slight_smile:

–Roy
K3RLD