BUGSAT-1 decoded!

Note: this observation is on -dev, as my testings have been spamming the prod instance too much.

Good news, I am starting to get things tweaked in my station! I set a few observations up before I left the house today and came home to hear strong packets from BUGSAT-1 (TITA):

https://network-dev.satnogs.org/observations/313/

They are brief FSK9600 bursts so if you want to hear one without listening to the whole thing skip to around 6:05

But wait, it gets better! I was able to decode with both multimon-ng and DK3WN’s tools (AGWPE->AGW OnlineKiss). Solid capture!

cshields@jessie-rpi ~ % sox -t ogg ~/satnogs_1040_2016-03-06T17-12-54.ogg -esigned-integer -b16 -r 22050 -t raw - | ./git/multimon-ng/build/multimon-ng -q -a FSK9600 - FSK9600: fm LU7AA-0 to CQ-0 UIv pid=F0 .........V.cN.....(......i....{3.'....0......H.T.i..................-..........^...........................V..... FSK9600: fm LU7AA-0 to CQ-0 UIv pid=F0 .........V.c].....(......i....{3.'....0......G...h...............P.&$#.........S...........................V..... FSK9600: fm LU7AA-0 to CQ-0 UIv pid=F0 .........V.cl.....(......i....{3.'....0w.....F.w.h...............!.k.....j.....[..............j............V..... FSK9600: fm LU7AA-0 to CQ-0 UIv pid=F0 .........V.c......(......i....{3.'....0......F.S.h.............................U...........................V..... FSK9600: fm LU7AA-0 to CQ-0 UIv pid=F0 :EMAIL :tita@satellogic.com ..Upt: 19:31:27 ......Bat:12.50v ..Temp:23.4C ..Gyr:1.21d/s ..

Now, there were only 4 packets decoded through this but many more you can hear in the stream. For some reason I have a lot of static pops in the audio at that gain level, but turning the gain down to get rid of those also messes with demodulation. Something to work on…

6 Likes

That’s pretty neat @cshields way to go

1 Like

Yeah great job @cshields!!

1 Like