Big difference between datasheet and schematic

To understand the electronics correct i am redrawing it in the package I am using e.g. EAGLE PCB.
For that I had to make the TPS54360 part. For that i used the kicad schematic found [here]

If I compare the pinning of this device in the schematic and the datasheet ([TSP54360) Due to limitations I cant place a link

So I am wondering is the schematic on the github is correct as the schrematic is dated Jan 21 st 2018

Even more confusing is a search on google on satnogs controller V2 i found this one so i ordered it.

But as I loked today I found this one

So what I ould like to know:

1)What is the correct version
2)And with version of PCB should I use

Hi @gharryh1957 – I can contribute a bit of an answer to your question about the different versions of the SatNOGS rotator controller. The SatNOGS hardware, like the software, is a work in progress, and from time to time new versions are released.

The rotator controller has two revisions listed on its wiki page: v1 and v2. v2 is, of course, the later revision of the two. The wiki says that v2 can be ordered from this OshPark page, which is the first one you linked to.

I’m not sure of the source for the second OshPark page you linked; obviously it’s a SatNOGS controller board, but I can’t find any mention of that page in the forums. Maybe someone around here knows?

As for the schematic on Github: first, I should mention that hosting of the SatNOGS files got moved to Gitlab a while back; the repo for the controller can be found here. Second, it looks like there’s a tag in the repo for v1, but not for v2 :confused:. Thus, it might be a bit hard to know exactly which revision that second OshPark link came from. Again, maybe someone from the project can chime in?

1 Like

I have uploaded this almost 2 years ago and erroneously named it v2 (which should have been v1.2) Sorry for the confusion! I removed the shared project and removed the reference from the wiki.[quote=“saintaardvark, post:2, topic:1760”]
Second, it looks like there’s a tag in the repo for v1, but not for v2 :confused:. Thus, it might be a bit hard to know exactly which revision that second OshPark link came from. Again, maybe someone from the project can chime in?
[/quote]

Once @azisi has finished testing the v2 we can tag it and upload it to oshpark for people to order. In the meantime you can use the latest files from the repository but be advised that those are under development .

This may look a strange reply as it seems I cannot include the text to reply to.

But I am lost now. I would like to build this rotor and are collecting the materials.
But I am afraid that I have to trow away a lot later on so the cheap build wil be a costly one.

So should I stop now and wait for another two year??

And try to keep nsome information from beeing displayed by google

What you needing, just the v2 controller board pcb? You in the US?

So now there’s even more confusion. If i look at the Pierios projects page
On that there is a board called version 1.1

I am trying to register to gitlab, but I never got a confirmation email, even after 10times doing a resend, so that a hopeless exersise.
So i am thinking about quiting this project

Why do you try to register on gitlab? (btw I just created a sample account and it worked perfectly, plus their status page shows everything is nominal).

This is the repository for the rotator controller.

The OSHPark projects (as you can see) where posted almost 2-3 years ago, so you can expect those are outdated.

What are you trying to build? The rotator v3.1 with the v2 electronics? Something else?

I am coordinating with @azisi to see if we can tag (and release) v2 of the electronics as soon as possible (so we can upload them for ordering on OSHPark.

I am sorry that you ordered something from OSHPark that does not work for you, but generally when in doubt, do post here so we can help.

ka4jwb1d
What you needing, just the v2 controller board pcb? You in the US?

Hi, I di live in the Netherlands and yes I yust need the controler boad.

If you want, I have some stock of boards and live in the UK, shipping tends to be quite cheap too.

Alex

That would be nice, could you send me a PM with the costs

Harry