Auto-scheduler unable to install

The .env file is a file. This file is an easy way for python to define a key/value pair as an environment variable. See https://pypi.org/project/python-dotenv/.

If you are in the satnogs-auto-scheduler directory, you can test running the auto-scheduler with either ./schedule_single_station.py -h or python3 schedule_single_station.py -h. Those command should provide the usage of the software.

If that works, you can try ./schedule_single_station.py -s 568 -n to see if it downloads TLEs and pulls the information of already scheduled observations from the SatNOGS network.

Running schedule_single_station.py without ./ or python3 requires adding the full satnogs-auto-scheduler directory to your path.

Thank you cgbsat

Looks like we are not quite ready for testing. Something is still missing when I tried, I got this

bob@bob-MD34045-2521:~/satnogs-auto-scheduler$ ./schedule_single_station.py -h
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./schedule_single_station.py”, line 9, in
import settings
File “/home/bob/satnogs-auto-scheduler/settings.py”, line 4, in
from decouple import config
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘decouple’
bob@bob-MD34045-2521:~/satnogs-auto-scheduler$ python3 schedule_single_station.py -h
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “schedule_single_station.py”, line 9, in
import settings
File “/home/bob/satnogs-auto-scheduler/settings.py”, line 4, in
from decouple import config
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘decouple’

I had a bit of a look around but found no .env file, only a env directory. I even tried with sudo su

Thanks for trying to help

Try pip3 install decouple to install the missing package.

The .env file does not exist in a fresh install; as explained in the readme, copy the env-dist file to .env with something like cp env-dist .env, then edit the .env file to add your SATNOGS_API_TOKEN.