Auto-scheduler on other stations

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this a stupid question, or if it already has an answer somewhere else, but I wasn’t able to find any reference to it, and my own testing didn’t produce much results.

Is it possible to auto-schedule observations on stations owned by others? I tried it and it doesn’t seem to be working, I can only schedule observations on my own stations (SatNOGS Network - Ground Station VZLU-PRG). My station is online, the station I’m trying to schedule on is online, the scheduled satellite will pass over the station in the given time priod, but the only thing that happens when attempting to schedule on the other station is that the script shows the currently scheduled passes and doesn’t create any new. Doing this on my stations works fine.

Seems like this sort of thing should be possible, seeing as I can already schedule passes manually using the web interface, but maybe I’m missing something.

Thanks!

PS: This was originally posted on GitLab (Scheduling on other stations (#40) · Issues · librespacefoundation / SatNOGS / satnogs-auto-scheduler · GitLab), but it didn’t get any attention there, so maybe here’s a better place to ask.

1 Like

OK, seems like this really was a dumb question, because there are definitely passes I did not schedule manually. Checking the autoscheduler log, I found this:

INFO - 1382 | N | 51085 | 2022-02-22T00:52:09 | 2022-02-22T01:01:21 | 0:09:11 | 33 | 1.000000 | 7RKVacYwn9iHxWwDpqKhQs | MSK | VZLUSAT-2

That’s a pass that was not scheduled befre and is now, so everything is working as expected.