Any interests for an iOS client?

Hi Guys

I’m the author of SatSat http://satsat.space an existring and totally free iOS sat prediction app (no ads, side project).

I’m planning to integrate the Satnogs API into the app, if there are some interests and if there is no similar project already running.

What’s your opinion?

6 Likes

@akhenakh thanks for reaching out! It would be great to integrate SatNOGS DB through its API in your app! Let us know if you run into any issues with this.

We would love to see that in action!

1 Like

Just wanted to say that I think this is a great idea also. I am an amateur radio operator and satellite chaser. My two go to apps for satellite tracking are Gpredict (PC) and SatSat (iOS). It would be great if these two amazing applications could both use the SatNOGS database.

If we can position major applications to use the SatNOGS database, it will make it much easier to update the apps with new satellite information. A centralized, open database such as SatNOGS makes perfect sense to me for these applications.

1 Like

Yes, an iOS link to SatNOGS functionality would be a great asset! Thanks, Akhenakh, for your work on Sat tracking!

Hi,

I’ve started working on an iOS SatNOGS client app about a week ago, attached are screenshots of where I was able to get right now from the app running in the simulator. When I finish the basic functionality which will more or less mimic network.satnogs.org web interface functionality I plan to publish the code as open source and will be happy to contribute it to SatNOGS project.

There are certain questions to API completeness though, which I asked in a separate thread with no answer yet, unfortunately. But I hope those problems can be resolved.

Best regards,
Victor Belov

2 Likes