An exciting new Challenge for radio amateurs! - LEDSAT Challenge

Hello beautiful people :wave:
Here is an exciting new Challenge for radio amateurs initiated by the European Space Agency (ESA).

The Fly Your Satellite! (FYS) programme is a programme initiated by the European Space Agency (ESA) and it will be running from June 26 to July 30.

This is an exciting challenge for radio amateurs and space enthusiasts worldwide to engage with space technology and demonstrate their communication skills by establishing communication via the LEDSAT CubeSat digipeater. This unique opportunity invites participants to connect with the ESA Education Office ESTEC Ground Station in the Netherlands through the satellite digipeater, with a chance to win a special prize – a custom QSL card issued by the ESA Education Office and the LEDSAT team.

Follow the link for more information and instructions on how to participate in the challenge: ESA - Connect and communicate with a satellite via the LEDSAT Digipeater Challenge.

:heart: :rocket:

Nikoletta

6 Likes

Link is Dead .

http://www.gcndevelopment.com/gnuradio/index.htm

Can i use the latest version of GNURadio instead ?

Looking at the LEDSAT digipeater manual, no you can’t it expects 3.7.13.5

When I try to open the grc file I get the following errors

You can try to fix all the errors.

1 Like

Thanks but that’s beyond my capabilities to figure it out in time… I’ll keep checking the link but it might be Challenge over before it’s begun.

Rgds
Karl

LEDSAT_RX_SSB_TX_SSB.pdf (38.7 KB)

I can’t get comms to and from the UDP ports into GNU Radio so it won’t start. I might be missing something or just very confused or both :rofl: but i’ll keep plugging away.

LEDSAT_RX_SSB_TX_SSB.zip (4.0 KB)

This is what I’ve been able to figure out so far. and it seems to run without errors.

Karl.