About Graduation Project

Hello guys. I am new here. I am an electric and electronics engineering student from Turkey. I have a graduation project for this year and my project is sattelite tracking sytem. I must track and get same images from NOAA satellites. I wonder if using SATNOG rotator will cause any problems in terms of copyright? for this project. And when my project is finished, I want to join satnogs with the system I made, how can I do this?

some one will correct me if I’m wrong but I believe rotator is free and open source build.

Its fairly easy to capture images from the NOAA satellites with out a rotator, have you been asked to capture data from a specific satellite in a specific format?

This is what I receive with my QHF antenna
https://community.libre.space/t/my-first-noaa-18-image/11925/3?u=hs318

I know I can get good images without rotator. But this is my project its given me by my advistor teacher, it is like a mission. Maybe when I make rotator he score my mechanical, electronics skills ı don’t kow but ı must make a rotator for a solid A. Yes, this is open source, but I will use it for the academy, so I felt the need to ask.
By the way, I will not introduce it as my own rotator build, I will just use it.

If you want any sort of directionality from a yagi you should make it at least 3-5 elements.
A turnstile is a simple crossed 2el yagi, is considered pretty omnidirectional. It sure isn’t isotropic, but this is not what we’re comparing to.

Another rotator project in the DIY theme GitHub - YohanHadji/SuperAntennaz: SuperAntennaz is an Antenna Rotator for Satellite Tracking.
Sometimes easier to buy components instead of printing, although you are ever so slightly moving outside what the 3d printer stepper drivers can handle, so might be better to switch to a bit higher current capable one, like TB6560 or TB6600.

3 Likes

Thank you. I am gona look at this rotator too.