9k6 UHF GS that can decode data

Currently it looks like there are 9 x UHF GS that can decode data (especially FSK 9k6 birds) out of about 20 working ones

These are
2, 6, 16, 21, 24, 31, 36, 37, 50

Some of them have high gain tracking antenna and other have omni antennas

I have jacked up my rtlsdr gain to be max on GS 97. If this does not work I will change for a better ppm dongle.

Any other suggestions?

Current 9k6 FSK birds that can be demodulated are

nSIGHT-1
Grifex
DX1
BUGSAT1
UNISAT6
Tigrisat
Lituanicasat-2
CUBEBUG2
IRAZU
UWE3
FALCONSAT3
Phoenix
challenger
strand1
bisonsat

UBAKUSAT, MCUBED2, SKCUBE, TY-2, TY-6, Zacube I am sure will follow shortly

1 Like

Sorry QBEE also decoded by 25 and 66 and 32. So that is 11 decoding UHF GS.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Also GS 28, 35 and 47 decoded so that leaves 5 of the 19 UHF GS to still decode FSK

Mine 97
40 43, 46 and 49

I have little hope for mine decoding unless I pick up an LNA or maybe Turnstile antenna this weekend. :smiley:

Running the poor sdr at almost max settings for gain on a dual band vertical Just is not that good for satellite.

1 Like

Station 49 does not run gr-satnogs and does not yet have FSK demodulator, just plain FM.

1 Like

So I have played with the gains and change to a RTL-SDR dongle with TCXO, but still no decode :cry: Anything else I can have a look at?

I only run QFH with LNA and have decoded many sats by hand using UZ7H0 modem on this station.

Have you updated to the latest version of the client/gr-satnogs ?

OK will have a look at this thanks. My linux skills are growing :wink:

So currently we have 18 x UHF A/G/FSK9k6 birds decoded

1.nSIGHT-1
2. Grifex
3. DX1
4.BUGSAT1
5. UNISAT6
6. Tigrisat
7. Lituanicasat-2
8. CUBEBUG2
9. IRAZU
10. UWE3
11. FALCONSAT3
12. Phoenix
13. challenger
14. strand1
15. bisonsat
16. SKCUBE
17. UBAKUSAT
18. QBEE

Great work!

2 Likes

and
19. ZACUBE
20. TECHSAT 1B

and UHF CW sats

1. SKCUBE
  2. GOMX-1
  3. MAX VAlier SAT
  4. ITUPSAT
  5. JAS2
  6. OSCAR 7
  7. XIWANG
  8. CUTE-1
  9. AOBA VELOX
1 Like

MCUBED-2 added to the decoder list so now it is 21 birds that can be decoded using 9k6 A/G/FSK

Good work SATNOGS team.

PS I think station 2 has a chance of being best UHF station? any other contenders maybe high gain, tracking stations 6, 35, 36 or 37? 49 also doing very well, but no decoder. My station 97 sees the birds but no decode. Many other omni GS can do decodes!

This is what we want to see 24 decodes out of 25 observations on whole network! Great work satnogs @pierros

1 Like

This looks awesome :slight_smile: Multiple satellites from multiple stations scheduled by multiple observers too!

2 Likes

I need to do some improvements to decode on my station. :frowning: but that’s what moving forward is about.

1 Like