44909 - DOSAAF-85 - trasponder observation - request

Hi everybody,
last days I was observing the RS-44 (DOSAAF-85) trasponder downlink and playing with IQ recording download from my remote node #311 to compare reception done with my home setup.
I see that the trasponder center frequency is set to 436.610 MHz +/- 25 kHz; so doing it’s possible to see the beacon on 436.605 and the lower part of trasponder passband.
Actually the trasponder it’s centered on 436.640 MHz +/- 30 kHz, so this is my request: it’s possible to “move” center frequency AND/OR use a wider passband to get all the trasponder activity???
This satellite it’s very nice ( I get abt 25 minutes pass for a direct overhead pass) and it’s much used over Europe…
TNX, de I3VFJ, Vittorio

2 Likes

Hello Vittorio,

I have created a transmitter definition on 435.640 USB, give it a try and please let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Jan PE0SAT

Hi Jan,
tnx for really quick response :smiley: !!!
Just fired 6 obs for the next 24 hours, I’ll report asap.
Ciao
de I3VFJ, Vittorio

We had a matrix discussion about this, the best solution is to solve this issue https://gitlab.com/librespacefoundation/satnogs/satnogs-network/-/issues/691 so users can choose the center frequency that want to observe from a Transponder.

1 Like