UMKA-1 telescope satellite mission

Hi Aleksey,

R4UAB explains how to get a QSL card from RS15S (Orbicraft-Zorkiy). One has to write an email to radioamateur@sputnix.ru.
This is what I did on 2022-09-25, 2023-05-02 and 2023-06-10 without any success.
On 2023-07-11 I even sent an email to aleksandr.purikov@sputnix.ru without any response, too.

So I gave up and never tried sending questions about their telemetry viewer software.

By the way, the Windows version of the software works fine under Linux’ Wine.

Last week they sent you a response to your request. It is possible that the email may have ended up in SPAM. Check please. I also duplicated the answer to you in a personal message here.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Aleksey, for your support!

I’m totally surprised!
Did not check my other email account last week. You are right, there is an answer email from sputnix.ru with the QSL card attached.
Out of great desperation I sent Roman (R2ANF) an email von 2023-12-23 asking him if he could have a look into my matter.
No answer from him, instead answer now from sputnix telling me, that Roman sent them my request from 2023-06-10 again. He has access to their email account, ok.

Got your private message as well, thanks. Will wait, maybe some day the Linux version of the tlm viewer will also run under Linux.

2 Likes

A pleasure to listen to Clark JS1YLT SAT, on December 18th, QSL arrived on January 10th. I am happy to demonstrate it to this exceptional group, it gave me great satisfaction and the possibility of being able to listen to other satellites, I am waiting for another QSL. Vzlusat-2 listened to Telemetry
73 Tony ik1hgi

clark2

3 Likes

Hi Tony,

Interesting! They wrote your name under “To Radio”.
On my card the just wrote (also) DL7NDR.
Fun fact: Due to my fault in interpreting AM and PM to UTC, they dated one of the cards to 18 / 12 / 2023 UTC 0:30.
That’s 10 hours prior to deploy!

Daniel, dl7ndr

1 Like

In honor of the 30th anniversary of the Innovation Promotion Fund, congratulations will be transmitted from satellites on the Sputnix platform. The Innovation Promotion Foundation founded the Space-Pi project, thanks to which the UMKA-1 satellite and many other educational satellites were able to set off on their journey in Earth orbit.

You can read more details here.

Format on the Umka-1 satellite 4800 bps GMSK USP 437.625 MHz
Start of transmission at 00:00 UTC, February 03, 2024

4 Likes

Umka-1 is still not transmitting the message, only usual beacons and some “Error”.

Reception of Congratulations (Radio-Flashmob)

2 Likes

Thanks Ra3ppy for all your radioamateur information
indeed many cubesat’s from the list from SPUTNIX satellite platforms company(development) where also received here today with the congratulations to the 30th anniversary Innovation Promotion Fund “Fasie”
will search for more pie …73 , nico on7ndr thanks

UTMN203022024.txt (904 Bytes)

vizardmeteo202903022024.txt (1005 Bytes)

orbicraftzorkiy0302.txt (752 Bytes)

3 Likes

Yes, Umka is capricious. But I don’t think for long.

2 Likes

The anniversary 30° anniversario of the satellite received the cake symbol on the evening of 03/02/2024 at 9:04 anniversario del Fondo per la promozione dell’innovazione
73 ik1hgi Tony

umka-1 2024-02-03_21_04_37

4 Likes

UMKA joined the congratulations after a little whimsy. He wasn’t really acting up. The error was on the part of the ground station) Everything is fine now!) Thanks to my friends from Sputnix for their help!)

2 Likes

Ciao Tony! Grazie mille per il lavoro con il nostro satellite OrbiCraft-Zorkiy!
Confermiamo la ricezione della telemetria e inviamo la QSL in formato elettronico)
Saremo lieti di rivederti nelle nostre future attività radiofoniche!
Grande soddisfazione dopo 10 GG inviato la telemetry il risultato di ricezione, hanno confermato arrivata QSL di conferma ricevuto 73 Tony

2 Likes

Confirmed at 18:30 utc.

2 Likes

Hello! Today I received some weird directory listing from this satellite, with a bunch of binary data that I couldnt make much sense of.

is there a chance that I find something intersting there or would that be mostly telemetry data?

2 Likes

Hello @encse
We are working with the satellite. A young addition to the team is learning how to work with a satellite. I’ll let you know here when there’s something interesting for everyone. Events are planned for the spring.
Thank you for your vigilance and interest in our mission :handshake:

Thanks! Will keep an eye on it!

2 Likes

UMKA-1 SSTV Image

2024-02-16_06.50.51_2

3 Likes

Hello, Vlad! You are the first to notice and report. Congratulations!

An SSTV technical broadcast is scheduled for this week on Saturday and Sunday in preparation for the upcoming event in March.
Since this is a technical broadcast, there is no schedule. The transmission of images will be carried out during morning and evening flights over Moscow.
The technical broadcast may either be terminated earlier than planned or extended for the following days. It all depends on the results obtained.

Let me remind you that the SSTV technical broadcast does not include awards, but reports are welcome.

The diploma program is scheduled for March.

1 Like

is it transmission over Moscow only?

This is a technical broadcast for settings. So yes. The broadcast will be launched over the school control center. But it can be accepted by everyone within the coverage radius who is interested. In March there will be a broadcast for the whole world with a diploma program.

2 Likes