UMKA-1 telescope satellite mission

@Foxiks finally was able to figure out the CRC32 algorithm, so added that as well

3 Likes

the decoder has been available on the official website for a long time :wink: Sputnik ā€” Š Š°Š“ŠøŠ¾Š»ŃŽŠ±ŠøтŠµŠ»ŃŠ¼

3 Likes

The telemetry decoder for the UmKA-1 Satellite is available here: GitHub - Foxiks/UmKA-1_Telemetry_Decoder: UmKA-1 Satellite Telemetry Decoder

6 Likes

Btw, how big dish is recommended for S-band reception?

1 Like

Hello Alexey,

what kind of antenna (2.4 GHz) is required to receive the telescope images? Does the antenna have to be tracked or is it enough without it?

Thanks very much and 73
Josef
DE3JGA

1 Like

Hello dear @naval @bcsak

As a 2.4GHz irradiator, as the most affordable to manufacture, it is recommended to use a a spiral antennŠ°. Similar to work via the QO-100 satellite.
The recommended size of the ā€œreflectorā€ is 1.5 meters. But all this is an assumed option. Perhaps the inquisitive mind of an enthusiast will be able to get better results in another performance.
Satellite tracking is needed. Still, UMKA is in low orbit.

Best wishes,
Aleksey
RA3PPY

2 Likes

Hello, dear friends.

The format of transmission of telemetry of the UMKA RS40S telescope satellite has been transferred to the previously planned one: GMSK 4k8 USP FEC
Frequency: 437.625 MHz

Since the launch, requests for QSL cards have been received by radio amateurs from 13 countries. At the moment, all requests from radio amateurs have been processed.

5 Likes

Would it be possible to initiate transmission in the S-BAND?

1 Like

Hello @tomasz .
Yes, of course. When we are ready for it. At the moment, debugging and testing are still ongoing. As soon as it is possible, I will immediately inform you about it.

2 Likes

Hello friends.
At the moment, the UMKA RS40S telemetry format has been transferred to GMSK 9k6 USP FCC
In the near future (possibly tomorrow) we will return the old GMSK 4k8 USP FEC format
The frequency of the descending line remains the same - 437.625 MHz

3 Likes

@ra3ppy @Foxiks what is the status of the S band transmitter?

Testing the transmitter system. Alas, it takes a little longerā€¦

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the main problem right now?

Have you tried downlinking yet? EPS problems?

At the moment I canā€™t tell you the exact date of its commissioning. But I think itā€™s not very long to wait. The team is still debugging its work in orbit.
As soon as it becomes possible, I will be happy to inform the community about this event.
Thank you for your interest in our mission.

Starting today, the format of the beacon transmission on the RS40S UMKA satellite will be changed to GMSK 9k6 USP FEC.
The frequency remains unchanged
at 437.625 MHz

1 Like

SatNOGS DB transmitters have been updated accordingly.

@ra3ppy feel free to log in and make suggestion directly in SatNOGS DB for transmitter changes.

1 Like

Thank you, @fredy
Oh, there are more questions about my time than my modesty :sweat_smile: Sorry. Iā€™ll try. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello, friends.
The first image obtained from the onboard camera of the UMKA RS40S satellite (this image is not from a telescope!)
is currently undergoing a lot of work with our orbital telescope.
Unfortunately, the format of 2400, 4800, 9600 will change too often to inform the community in advance.
I will report the news when additional statistics are collected.

8 Likes

Interestingā€¦ is the camera also downlinked via S band?

Can we have some more details? Whatā€™s the VCID and format @Foxiks?

Thanks! :grin:

@Foxiks @ra3ppy Are you aware of the status of UmKa-1 and S band transmissions?

1 Like