StellarStation: the satellite antenna sharing platform

Has anyone heard of these guys??
Maybe an opportunity to share data??

StellarStation - https://www.stellarstation.com/
“Built on the StellarStation platform, StellarStation Amateur provides free LEOP support for amateur UHF band satellites. Use StellarStation Amateur to access invaluable telemetry data and schedule passes using our worldwide antenna network during a critical phase of launch.”

"How it works

When you share your unused antenna time and earn credit, you can then spend your credit to access other antennas, dramatically expanding your communication window without paying for additional passes.

Users without a ground station can simply sign up to use any compatible ground station on our platform with pay-as-you-go billing and no upfront costs."

Sounds like a payed satnogs lol.

Tho I think some of their stations allow uplinks too from what I head a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Would be nice if they shared more details on their operations. On their amateur site they only show “data” (IQ) from one station in Tokyo, but no much information apart from downloads of IQs.

I hope this is not just an attempt to lure people into their paid ecosystem. I have reached out to see if there is interest in the non-commercial side of things.

5 Likes

Hi,

I have got one of their Alpha test boxes and it will be coming online in UK in the Amateur Radio section in the next few days.

I shall be writing an article about it for AMSAT-UK Oscar News & AMSAT-NA Journal and doing a presentation about it at the AMSAT Colloquium along with the InfoStellar CEO Naomi Kurahara.

It has a pedigree much older than SatNOGS, it takes a lot of it’s inspiration from the ESA Global Engineering Network for Satellite Operations (GENSO) where I was one of the software engineering mentors.

• Dave

Can you describe the contents? Share any information about the technology?

In terms of technology used or architecture of the system? It is hard to judge and comment on those as there is little information available (same for GENSO iterations btw!). Would love to have a more public constructive conversation around different architectures of GS Networks.