ISRO SSLV-D1 - EOS2/AzaadiSAT Mission - 2022-08-07 3:48 UTC

Hello Everyone!

Our New Satellite is getting launched in less than 12 hours. Sorry for posting a bit late, we were occupied with launch-related procedures here. We are kindly requesting you all in tracking and receiving our satellite from space.

You can know more about this mission at AzaadiSAT – Space Kidz India

RF Parameters and TLE files are available at GitHub - Space-Kidz-India/AzaadiSAT_RF_Parameters

Thank you, Everyone!

2 Likes

More details about the launch at SSLV-D1/EOS-02 Mission Brochure - ISRO

Launch Live Stream at SSLV-D1/EOS-02 Mission launch is scheduled for Aug 7, 2022 at 9:18 hrs IST from SDSC, Sriharikota - YouTube

IARU Frequency Coordination Details: IARU Sat Coordinator

For AX.25 Direwolf and Soundmodem can be used and for LoRa, we would recommend RadioLib or TinyGS. We will be publishing some decoding software and uplink commands soon. Stay Tuned.

1 Like

Good day! Best of luck on this mission.

Thanks to a sample audio file provided by the Project Team, I was able to determine the non-standard FSK tones produced by this satellite’s SX1268 module. For anyone using Direwolf, a CONF file including the following ‘MODEM’ line will work:

MODEM 1200 3000:4250

… producing a nice AX.25 decode such as:

… and for GNU Radio / gr-satellites, a PULL REQUEST has been created on that repository to add a YML file reflecting these same settings.

The test audio file, text of the decode, and the proposed YML file are available at →

https://www.qsl.net/k/k4kdr//audio/azaadisat/

Finally, please keep in mind that the Direwolf & gr-satellites settings above may have to be adjusted once we start receiving live, over-the-air downlinks. Due to the conditions that you’re all aware of, it’s certainly possible that the FSK downlink that we receive from orbit might differ slightly from the test file created on the bench. FSK from these SX1268 modules has been very tricky to work with historically, at least in my experience with that hardware.

Best regards,

-Scott, K4KDR

3 Likes

Important update thanks to Daniel Estevez:

Since the SX1268 module actually produces FSK, there is an excellent chance that the sample audio file was produced using USB demodulation.

So, while the ‘AFSK’ parameters that I’ve provided might produce a valid decode (if the downlink is USB demodulated), technically it’s not the correct way to handle these signals. Once the over-the-air downlinks can be observed by everyone, I’m sure a consensus can be formed on how to best handle them.

(I had just wanted to share what I knew so far with the Community as quickly as possible)

3 Likes

The satellite has been added in DB SatNOGS DB - AZAADISAT with the temporary NORAD ID 99355. In the next couple of hours will be available to be scheduled in Network.

2 Likes

I’ve scheduled a couple (66) observations for the first 12 hours after launch time.

@skilabz are there any other satellites, except the main one, that will be deployed with yours?

We will keep an eye on it and update one another.
Here a small update I made based on your yml.

name: AZAADISAT
norad: 99355
data:
  &tlm Telemetry:
    telemetry: ax25
transmitters:
  1k2 AFSK downlink:
    frequency: 437.400e+6
    modulation: AFSK
    baudrate: 1200
    af_carrier: 3625
    deviation: -625
    framing: AX.25
    data:
    - *tlm

Sample audio output:

-> Packet from 1k2 AFSK downlink
Container: 
    header = Container: 
        addresses = ListContainer: 
            Container: 
                callsign = u'AZDGND' (total 6)
                ssid = Container: 
                    ch = False
                    ssid = 0
                    extension = False
            Container: 
                callsign = u'AZDSAT' (total 6)
                ssid = Container: 
                    ch = False
                    ssid = 0
                    extension = True
        control = 0x03
        pid = 0xF0
    info = b'AZDSAT,1,0,0,407,27.500,0.00,-2.50' (total 34)
4 Likes

Thanks so much for the ID# !!

For anyone who would like the preliminary TLE to have the correct object #, here is an updated version:

AZAADISAT-pre
1 99355U          22219.16750000  .00000000  00000-0  50000-4 0    08
2 99355  37.0800 290.2000 0003319 320.6500 231.4200 15.71149252    05

2 Likes

Well that orbit and inclination is to low for me, max 5 degree over the horizon.

1 Like

Well, after every part of the launch working perfectly, at the last micro-second before deployment of the primary satellite plus AzaadiSAT, they lost telemetry. So, in the event that they get no additional data from the launch vehicle, it could come down to this community determining whether or not AzaadiSat is alive or not. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Looks like every stage worked perfectly except the last one. Space is hard.

Very sorry for all that worked on AzaadiSAT but hopefully there were some good learning opportunities along the way.

Screenshot from 2022-08-07 07-11-16

1 Like

Further information from ISRO:

1 Like

With this information I’ve just moved AzzadiSAT to re-entered status in DB.

@skilabz I wish you soon re-build and fly a new satellite!

3 Likes

Closing the loop on AZAADISAT.

" AzaadiSAT was launched on Small Satellite Launch Vehicle’s maiden flight SSLV-D1 at 03:48 UTC / 09:18 IST on 7 August 2022,[3][4] but failed to reach the intended orbit.[5] Due to the final VTM stage failure, the stage as well as the two satellite payloads were injected into an unstable elliptical orbit measuring 356km x 76km and subsequently destroyed upon reentry.[6]"

2 Likes