Quartapounds SatNOGS Rotator v3.1

Essentially, as outlined by the original author, I used an Arduino Uno with the v3 CnC shield, two Nema 17 stepper motors stacked. One for Az, the other for El. 3D printed a connector to do that. The code pretty much worked flawlessly when uploaded. However, I don’t have / want end stops (at this point).

So, I wanted to root out that code and run it through ChatGPT to optimize it and suggest how I should add LCD components. I’ve played around with that from another program SatTracker by K6VUG. Condensed and works as well but I don’t understand his logical elements in the code. Honestly, I wanted to use the steppers due to the torque they have. But I’ve stumbled upon some decent servos - Hitec HS-485HB that I want to use a Adafruit Motorshield. Runs at lower voltage, etc.

I just hooked up the LCD via the I2C on the Arduino. SDA/SCL/Grnd/+5v

Hope that helps!
WA7ZYW

I put together satnogs rotator with cnc shield and I would like to put an lcd down in the shack but I don’t understand your .ino with that enough and what would be the connections

Hi there
Wonder if you solved this problem as I am strugling with the same problem
many thanks
Peter(G4GRK)

I don’t know how to add it to the program or how to make the connections for an LCD, let’s see who can do it?

Julio //LW2DYB