Putty .73 error after upgrade for satnogs-monitor

I have been using Putty for years with no problems.
Recently I decided to build satnogs-monitor so I had to upgrade my putty to 0.73
It works but spits out the following before displaying the putty configuration GUI

bob@bob-MD34045-2521:~$ putty

(putty:7518): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:07:15.444: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion ‘size >= 0’ failed in GtkScrollbar

(putty:7518): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:07:15.446: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion ‘size >= 0’ failed in GtkScrollbar

(putty:7518): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 13:07:15.448: gtk_box_gadget_distribute: assertion ‘size >= 0’ failed in GtkScrollbar

When a satellite passes, satnogs monitor displays the crude world map, the satellite footprint, orbit tracks and some information on the left side but no waterfall. I somehow feel these two errors are related but don’t know what to do about it to fix it. I’m no programmer so again I have to rely on the generosity of our Gurus’ time.
Thank You, Bob

Hi,

I have no idea what those Gtk warnings are, but I’m pretty sure they are unrelated to any issue you may have with the waterfall display.

You mention a crude world map. Can you post a screenshot of it. I’m not sure what you mean. If the waterfall is missing your satnogs data path is probably wrong. Can you also add the complete command line and, if present, the config file.

On a default SatNOGS RPi image installation this should work:

satnogs-monitor -l 175 --data-path /tmp/.satnogs/data/ --waterfall --spectrum

Substitute 175 with your station ID. And remove or rename your config if you have one.

I’m testing now with your command line. I’ll report back results later.

satnogs-monitor -l 724 --data-path /tmp/.satnogs/data/ --waterfall --spectrum

I didn’t make a config file, but it works with the above command. I guess I’ll have to wait for or schedules some observations to see a waterfall & spectrum.

I don’t know how to copy & paste a putty terminal satnogs-monitor screen into here, sorry.

The crude world map is probably ok considering it’s not graphics but characters. The blue QTH mark is a little round blue dot but the map is made up of grey squares or rectangles. Probably normal as the map resolution is not that important.

I read an update is in order. Is there an easy way to do this or do I just
wget https://github.com/wose/satnogs-monitor/releases/download/0.4.1/satnogs-monitor_0.4.1_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i satnogs-monitor_0.4.1_armhf.deb

again? I did ‘wget’ version 0.4.1 when I built satnogs-monitor.

IT WORKS!!
Falkonsat-3 just came over my horizon and Bingo! a spectrum and a waterfall came on display plus some additional Satellite data on the bottom left on the screen.

Very nice, well done, thank you wose.