Production SatNOGS Promotion

First of all, I appreciate the guidance and input from @cshields and @pierros. Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve done a fair amount of tweaking to my stations and am pleased with the current performance. In an effort to make things more uniform, I moved antenna locations and replaced both LNAs with the LNA4ALL. It’s been interesting to work with the hardware to dial it in and get everything in order. With this in mind, can we look at promoting 144 and 145 from dev to production?

Thanks,

Malcolm

Also @pierros , I’m sorry that I missed your jobs last night. I was in the midst of moving the hardware to the new location during those passes. I probably should have set as inactive but didn’t think about it at the time.

Hey @nb3t !

Production Network account is created and details are sent as PM! Great job on setting up the stations :slight_smile:

Note: we are marking observations as “good” when we identify through WaterFall, Audio or decoded Data that a satellite is present on them. Let us know if you need more help on the setup or clarifications on operations.

Also please let us know if you are OK for other users to heavily schedule observations in your stations (other than you of course!) We have a contributor group manually scheduling obs till full automation is in place.

Welcome to the Network once again!

Thanks Pierros! That’s good to know.

I’m fine with anyone scheduling these nodes. The more data moving through them the easier it is to tweak and ensure they are as good as they can be.

1 Like

@pierros,

Thanks for the help. These have been moved to production as 27-VHF and #28-UHF and are available.

3 Likes

Hey @nb3t !

I can see you are tweaking around the gain settings on your client, but cannot settle on a nice one. Do you need any help? Anything we can do to help you debugging?

Hey @pierros!

Good eye. As always, if you have any feedback, feel free to shoot it over.

Currently, I’m transitioning from adjusting the LNA gains through voltage to using attenuation at the SDR. In testing, it seems to be a lot more stable than adjusting input voltages. I’ve got a bunch of passes currently scheduled and should have it dialed in later today. Most of my focus is on the VHF station at the moment as it’s being much more fickle!

Thanks,

Malcolm

I just noticed, I apparently caught the exact moment the LNAs were turned back on!

https://network.satnogs.org/observations/27565/

This is probably what you saw.

1 Like

@pierros I just opened this issue against gr-satnogs:

However, it may span multiple projects or need to be moved. I just wanted to make sure you saw in the event it needed a new home. Let me know if you have any questions.

Malcolm