Observation 1459855: RADSAT-G (99963)

Sorry for the delay on this. I’ve just approved the 9k6 transmitter. @skylart indeed after checking also myself a couple of observations from different location, it seems that this is RADSAT-G.

From the deployment there were two objects that weren’t identified. One of them was MEMSAT and the other one RADSAT-G.

Recently (November 2019) @lameres from the team of RADSAT-G suggested to use TLE for 43553 as they have spotted something by following this object. Until then we used TLE for 43554 for RADSAT-G, this is probably why we didn’t catch anything.

@lameres can you please confirm that the frames above come from RADSAT-G?

My only objections are:

1. The source callsign is not “WJ2XFH” but “K7MSU” which is the callsign of the station of Montana State University.
  2. That the baudrate is not 19200 as expected but 9600.

PS in the next week we have the RADSAT-U deployment, it is also stated in its IARU application that will use 19200 as baudrate but with the above I’m not sure if that’s right. @lameres any confirmation on that too would be very useful!

PS2 This means that MEMSAT is object 43554, I guess we should schedule a couple more observations and if we are lucky we may receive it.

2 Likes