New Satellites: Plan for SSO-A SmallSat Express Launch on December 3rd

I am very surprised that a commercial organization that is not following IARU regulations is now requesting the help of Amateur Radio enthusiasts.

Reading up on the technology you are developing, it seems you want to relay AIS (VHF) transmissions into frequency space (435.800) that you are not allowed to use.

If the next flight of one of your satellites is part of an university project, I will happy to support it in any way, but not when it is part of commercial activities, then you’ll need to use other frequencies.

With regards,
Jan PE0SAT

7 Likes

@vlamarca can you please provide us with your IARU frequency coordination? If not I am afraid we as SatNOGS project cannot support you in any way.

Assuming @PE0SAT remarks about your technology and frequency usage are correct (and they sure seem to be, but please clarify) we will be removing the ability to track your satellite Eaglet-I using SatNOGS.

4 Likes

Today we used the Dwingeloo telescope to perform two scans of the SSO-A orbital plane. IQ recordings of the UHF band (434-438MHz) are online at https://charon.camras.nl/public/satellites/

I’m using strf to compare TLEs to the observed Doppler curves, but I’m sure some of you would be interested in demodulating/decoding some of the data. Any help will be appreciated.

See this twitter thread for more information.

7 Likes

Dear @pierros and @PE0SAT, I’m a student of University of Rome, “Sapienza”. EAGLET is a self-financed research project, developed in collaboration between the University and OHB Italy. I know that we have sent a frequency coordination request for amateur-satellite service space to the ITU last year, but I don’t know anything about IARU request.
Anyway, before I asked your help, I know that several providers of ground network service have been contacted, without success.
Let me ask other info next Monday, and I will provide you an answer.

1 Like