@Rico I see you managed to get it working!
I probably forgot to remove the
-F argument, which I implemented on a fork of meteor_demod because sometimes the frequency wandered off and failed to get a lock. This is now on the
devel branch as
-d. (I set mine to 1000 as well, but a tighter delta might work better, the signals from the 2 satellites appear pretty stable at around +200Hz for me).
I found that I get the best results with a PLL bandwidth (
-b) of around 75 for M N2 (40069) and around 250-350 for M N2-2 (44387). Reducing the RRC filter order
-f didn’t affect the demodulation too much for me and speeds the process up a bit on the Pi, but might depend on the RFI at your location.
I switched to use medet for both satellites as well, it’s a bit quicker and meteor_decode sometimes produced images with misaligned channel.
Here’s my current
process_meteor.py (ignore the ntfy stuff, it’s simply a push notification whenever a Meteor-M observation succeeds/fails)
Remember that with medet you need to update your script every time they change channels/AP IDs if you want all 3 channels. I try to keep https://github.com/benelsen/weather_satellites updated, but usually only after an or two observation return blank images.