Mass deletion of planned observations

Hi,

Is there a facility, or an API around which a script can be written, to mass delete planned observations?

The available method to delete observations is somewhat tedious and not really useful beyond a couple of deletions (it requires 5 clicks and as many screens to delete a single observation).

This facility is required when because of weather the station is turned off, or an antenna is switched or test are performed with scheduling of passes just to mention few of them.

Any comment will be appreciated.

73 de Pedro LU7DID

2 Likes

Nothing automated.

On the network, use the filters to select future observations that you want to delete, then click “Open all in tabs”. Depending on your browser, you can switch between tabs with CTRL+TAB. In each tab, hit ‘x’ and ENTER to delete the observation, then switch to the next tab. As each tab needs to load a bit you can delete them when they’re all done.

2 Likes

Hi,

With Chrome c-Tab has no effect until popups blocking is removed, then one tab is opened for each observation. After a deletion is made the list returns without the filters applied listing all observations and taking a while, this is impractical for anything but a couple of deletions.

With Safari it’s about the same.

If nothing is automated is there any API to do that, then if a need to I write a script and that’s it?

73 de Pedro, LU7DID

Perhaps take another look at it.
I just tested this in Chrome and was able to delete about 20 obs in about 5 seconds.
The one thing I found is that when you ‘open all in tabs’, you need to click on the first tab after the list.
Once you do that ctrl+w closes that obs after you ‘x’ it and it takes you to the next planned observation rather than the list.

3 Likes

I have opened an issue about having a button to remove all future observations of a station, so to make deletion easier when a station has issues.

You type fast or have a fast PC or both. In 5 seconds I was able to delete exactly 2 obs. Nevertheless I understand the method you said and it does fulfill the role of a workaround.

73 de Pedro, LU7DID

1 Like

Thank you. A point & click solution would be nice, but probably expensive to implement and test. Just an API exactly the same than the one used to post a schedule but to delete it would do, it’s likely some permits needs to be reviewed to ensure only the station owner or the originator of the observation schedule can execute it.

73 de Pedro, LU7DID

1 Like