ISS SSTV: Inter-MAI-75 and ARISS Garriott memorial from 2019-07-29 to 2019-08-04

Hi @blueskies

The SSTV transmitter was inactive in db.satnogs.org, I’ve added a suggestion (you can do that in the future) for making it active again. I’ve also approved that suggestion, so now is again visible on network for scheduling.

I’ve also scheduled passes for July 29 (starting 15min earlier and finishing 30min later as sometimes starts earlier and finishes later). I will also schedule the rest days too, but feel free to help me on that. :slight_smile:

Just a note, as ISS SSTV signal is pretty strong and can be probably received even lower that the minimum station horizon, please when you schedule for these events from observations/new page, please go to advanced options and select “Custom” station horizon and set it to 0, in order to cover the whole pass from 0 degrees to 0 degrees.

PS As currently we don’t have a decoder for SSTV, I’m going to use an automatic script to decode and upload images in the observations. This script tries to decode only good observations, so as soon as an observation will be vetted as good, it will get into the queue for decoding and uploading the results.

2 Likes