Infiltrators on my ground station schedule!?

Why am I seeing possible infiltrators on my ground station schedule? Please see attached

screenshot.

2 Likes

What do you mean by “infiltrators”? I can see some other SatNOGS users scheduling passes (which is the whole point of having a shared network. Do you see something that might be an abuse?

2 Likes

No, I see nothing sinister and I have no complaint. Just surprised, as I did not realise that you could share other’s ground stations and API.

1 Like

Excellent! Feel free to schedule observations on other stations too, and dont forget to vet them :wink:

3 Likes

@m0roj check also this permissions matrix.

1 Like

My bad. I scheduled NanoConnect-2.

1 Like

I used this feature to find out how badly my station was performing. Also I have browsed around the other stations equipment and learned a lot.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Always worth a question.
I already know how badly my station is performing @n5zkk. And it will continue, until I change my antennas to something more directional. Until then I shall possibly use other stations @pierros - and also possibly afterwards.
Each day brings another query. All great fun.

2 Likes

Good day sir, multiple people have tried to get in contact to have a conversation on the “aggressive” way of scheduling NanoConnect-2 observation in the SatNOGS network.

Because there is no response from your side we are now considering to set the satellite in inactive mode so it is no longer possible to schedule observation, in doing so we can stop the current way of scheduling NanoConnect-2 observations.

This isn’t the way we want to address this, but without a way to talk about this behavior it is the only option left.

4 Likes