[Help needed] Gpredict integration with SatNOGS DB

@pierros @ta7w

At long last, I had some time to test it and it looks fine. The code has been merged into the satnogsdb branch. After some testing I will merge it into the master branch.

Thanks a lot!

It’s now merged into the master branch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

I’ve downloaded and compiled the latest (2016-11-25) master branch and have noticed an problem.

When I try and update the transponders from the network it downloads transmitters.json just fine but then throws this error in the log:

NXJSON PARSE ERROR (345): unexpected chars at }

I’m not sure exactly how many I get, certainly hundreds, I think one message per satellite.

It does NOT generate any trsp files.

If I delete all files in satdata and trsp dirs I can repopulate the satdata just fine but nothing other than modes.json or transmitters.json will be in trsp.

I’m running linux, Fedora 24.

Gpredict seems to work fine otherwise.

Hmm, I can not even download the modes.json and transmitters.json files because I get certificate errors. Works fine in the browser though , so it must by my curl setup.

Do you have any content in the files?

Yes, I have two files modes.json and transmitters.json both with data.

Don’t know if it’s looking for carridge returns, newlines or not but both those files are all one line.

I’ve pasted them into an online json validator and they come back okay.

I should clarify that it’s not in the actual log file I see that error message it’s on the commandline if I start gpredict in a terminal.

I’d attach the files to this but I’m not sure how.

Thanks

Dave - VE3NNW

I have sorted my installation out - I needed to use the openssl version of libcurl instead of the NSS-version. Now it downloads the data and parses them correctly without errors, so I don’t understand why it is not working for you.

We can compare json files if you want.

You could upload it to https://gist.github.com/ or some other similar service.

Hi

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t the right way to do it but …

I’ve uploaded them to

seemed successful.

Dave - VE3NNW

Well, your files are identical to the ones I have so gpredict downloads them correctly and I’m not sure why it fails to parse them. Maybe some problems with the locale - we will have to investigate. Unfortunately I have very little time at the moment because I am moving to a new QTH in December.

@ve3nnw

Can you try with the latest code from git? I have fixed a few bugs in this area during the last days.