Help installing satnogs on linux mint 32 bit

I expect this to be a 32bit issue. I don’t think SatNOGS supports 32 bit install on PC, only 64 bit, as no 32 bit packages are available.

On raspberry pi only 32 bit is supported (raspbian exists only as 32 bit for raspberry).

2 Likes

OK cheers thanks for the reply I will scrap the plan of using an old laptop. thanks again for your help.

ok, round 3 on Debian 64 bit, any ideas. thanks

Retrying… (1 of 4)
Retrying… (2 of 4)
Retrying… (3 of 4)
satnogs failed | msg: E: The repository ‘Index of /ansible/ansible/ubuntu focal Release’ does not have a Release file. | stdout: Hit:1 Index of /debian-security buster/updates InRelease
Hit:2 Index of /debian buster InRelease
Ign:3 Index of /ansible/ansible/ubuntu focal InRelease
Hit:4 Index of /debian buster-updates InRelease
Err:5 Index of /ansible/ansible/ubuntu focal Release
404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.95.83 80]
Reading package lists…
| stderr: E: The repository ‘Index of /ansible/ansible/ubuntu focal Release’ does not have a Release file.

satnogs failed
to retry, use: --limit @/home/m7enp/satnogs-client-ansible/site.retry

• Play recap -
    satnogs : ok=1 changed=0 unreachable=0 failed=1
    root@debian:/home/m7enp/satnogs-client-ansible#

It seems like your apt sources are configured to follow the focal release for the Ansible PPA. But Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal Fossa) is not release yet, thus fetching the Release file fails (with 404: Not Found errror).

To fix this, find the file which contains the following line (either /etc/apt/sources.list or some of the files in /etc/apt/sources.d/):

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ansible/ansible/ubuntu focal main

and then replace focal by trusty.

Then you can continue to install Ansible and finally continue the SatNOGS Installation.

1 Like

Ok tried the above still getting problems, Bang me head on a brick wall though it would have gone a bit smoother using 64-bit buster. think I am going to step away and come back to this later and hopefully raspberry pi will arrive this week was hoping to put some of the old laptops to use I will have another crack at it later thanks for the info and all the help

Retrying… (3 of 4)
satnogs failed | msg: W: GPG error: Index of /ansible/ansible/ubuntu trusty InRelease: The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93C4A3FD7BB9C367
E: The repository ‘Index of /ansible/ansible/ubuntu trusty InRelease’ is not signed. | stdout: Hit:1 Index of /debian-security buster/updates InRelease
Hit:3 Index of /debian buster-updates InRelease
Get:4 Index of /ansible/ansible/ubuntu trusty InRelease [15.9 kB]
Err:4 Index of /ansible/ansible/ubuntu trusty InRelease
The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93C4A3FD7BB9C367
Reading package lists…
| stderr: W: GPG error: Index of /ansible/ansible/ubuntu trusty InRelease: The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93C4A3FD7BB9C367
E: The repository ‘Index of /ansible/ansible/ubuntu trusty InRelease’ is not signed.

satnogs failed
to retry, use: --limit @/home/m7enp/satnogs-client-ansible/site.retry

• Play recap -
    satnogs : ok=1 changed=0 unreachable=0 failed=1
    root@debian:/home/m7enp/satnogs-client-ansible# sudo apt-get update
    Hit:1 Index of /debian-security buster/updates InRelease
    Hit:3 Index of /debian buster-updates InRelease
    Get:4 Index of /ansible/ansible/ubuntu trusty InRelease [15.9 kB]
    Err:4 Index of /ansible/ansible/ubuntu trusty InRelease
    The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93C4A3FD7BB9C367
    Reading package lists… Done
    W: GPG error: Index of /ansible/ansible/ubuntu trusty InRelease: The following signatures couldn’t be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 93C4A3FD7BB9C367
    E: The repository ‘Index of /ansible/ansible/ubuntu trusty InRelease’ is not signed.
    N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
    N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

Ok, sad to see that you hit so many problems.

Hmnn, I think this should have been fixed by

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 93C4A3FD7BB9C367
sudo apt update
sudo apt install ansible

from the Install Ansible on Debian guide.

I hope that your Raspberry Pi arrives soon so that you can finally have achievements with SatNOGS. :slight_smile:

Best wishes,
kerel

Thanks Kerel, I will try again tomorrow I figured it was something to do with the public key I have learned a lot about debian so all good in a way I am glad, it made me dig deeper and figure things out.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to install on an orange pi with buster and got to exactly this same point. Did you ever get past the flowgraphs dependency?