Falcon Heavy Launch 2019-06-25 03:30 UTC


#61

LightSail-2 is now identified as 44420 and it is change to DB and Network.

One more observation with one of the TBEx which fits one of 44359, 44360, 44361. It looks like there is a drift (~4KHz) in frequency. @jwc Do you have any update on your side about TBEx-A or TBEx-B?


#62

I’m back in the lab and ground station now and able to track directly. No updates on TBEX-A or B. Our last decoded packets were from 30 June. All looked healthy. We were able to uplink to the B as well.

Right now, we think we’re kernel panicking based on ground testing. Our theory is that every ~ 48 hours we reboot and work for a bit, then crash.

We could definitely use some help trying to figure out the ~48 hour reboot and when we’ll be on. If we can uplink during that short window, we might be able to fix the code that is crashing.

We’re also working to stop MC2 and GRIFEX from beaconing so that we can quiet the band.


#63

As per this thread: Observation 832478: TBEX-A (99965)

I’ve changed TBEx-B to be object 44359. And also I’ve changed TBEx-A to follow 44360, (if there is any other suggestion let me know).

@jwc please if you have available the UTC times of when you heard TBEx-A in the past may help us (by checking SatNOGS observations) to find out its norad id.


#64

Will do on the TBEX-A observation we have. Trying to coax a student to do it first. :wink:


#65

@fredy Is 44360 CP9/LEO?


#66

Yes, you are right… I got carried away from checking waterfalls and TLEs, as it was the object with the closest orbit to 44359. So I changed TBEx-A to follow OBJECT 44361.


#67

Being late to the ID party for this launch I give only PSAT-2 a try.

Analyzed observations (838575, 838563), 838584, 838585, 838588, 845205 with the new waterfall tabulation helper and STRF.

Result:

id desig center freq / MHz rms / kHz
44348 2019-036K 435.347 8.10
44354 2019-036R 435.358 1.76
44355 2019-036S 435.359 2.07
44357 2019-036U 435.364 7.43

So, currently 44354 matches the SSTV observations from PSAT-2 best (followed by 44355).
Note that all fits show rather large residues for my taste (but I don’t have much experience with this manual tabulation method yet, so this might be expected / I didn’t do any error propagation).

update:
I’ve repeated the analysis, this time using five AFSK1k2 observations since this transmitter drifts less compared to the SSTV one (thanks @vk5qi and @fredy for pointing this out to me!). With 0.354 / 0.440 kHz for 44354/44355 the resulting residues are indeed smaller.