Error 401 with RPi setup

Hi, I am trying to get a basic RPi 3, RTL-SDR station back online with a new RPi. I have followed the basic set up instructions, from satnogs wiki, as best I can. I have made sure my RPi and satnogs software are up to date, my locale settings are correct and my API token is correct but my station continues to show up as offline on satnogs.org. I am able to ping www.google.com successfully so I know I am connected to the internet. Finally, I ran <journalctl -f -u satnogs-client.service> from the troubleshooting page where I received the error 401 (from the picture). I am a new to satngos so any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much

Hi @hsfl, welcome!

My guess from the screenshot is that you have confused network-dev.satnogs.org with network.satnogs.org.

The network-dev.satnogs.org site is for development purposes and you shouldn’t use it if you do. If you have found this somewhere in documentation let us know so we can fix it. In case you use it for testing purposes, I suggest you use network.satnogs.org and mark your station as testing, this will allow you to do as much testing as you want until you are sure for your setup and ready to move it out of testing.

Thank you very much for your help!

1 Like