Data warehouse POC

In the spirit of “release early, release often” we have a dev instance of our dashboard framework up and running. It decoded all of its data from db-dev.satnogs.org and will continue to do so for anything that comes in to the API.

Some things to note:

• this will only have data for 8/1-8/19 (with the exception of any newer data we get to db-dev.satnogs.org/api)
  • so far we have working decoders for UNISAT-6, CAS-4A, CAS-4B. There will be more to come!
  • don’t expect this for prod anytime soon, as we have some infrastructure work to take care of before we have the resources to handle this at a larger scale.
  • things can and will change with this!

That said, check it out! https://dashboard-dev.satnogs.org/dashboards

I envision the creation of new decoders (kaitai struct schemas) and dashboards to be a crowdsourced activity. Right now its a little rough but we’re getting there.

If you would like to try your hand at creating some dashboards and playing with the data, let me know. I have some rough documentation available but I myself am no grafana expert, and would love for someone who is to jump in and help.

To match the metrics in grafana up you will need to reference the kaitai structures for each satellite, attached earlier in this thread.

Cheers!
(edit: typo)

7 Likes