CAMSAT XW-3 (CAS-9) amateur radio satellite launch on 2021-12-26

Sent him a note this morning, waiting for response… 73s Peter

2 Likes

Now that the NORAD IDs are assigned from spacetrack, XW-3 is identified as OBJECT B(50466). Here are the ikhnos data for observation 5202864.

4 Likes

Hi Patrick,

Here is the feedback from Alan:

Each byte is the high bit first, and the telemetry channel information is sent in the order of the sequence number and the low sequence number is sent first.

73s Peter

1 Like

Thank you, Peter!

I sorted those errors out, but we still get those undocumented frames.
Did he tell something about that?

I asked for it and let you know if I get additional information… 73s

1 Like

Here is the updated the XW-3 (CAS-9) user’s manual V1.1 which includes the frame format of the telemetry data sent in the test mode and their analysis method…

XW-3(CAS-9) Amateur Radio Satellite User’s Manual V1.1.pdf (978.7 KB)

2 Likes

CAMSAT XW-3(CAS-9) is designated Hope-OSCAR-113 HO-113

Drew Glasbrenner, AMSAT VP Operations / OSCAR Number Administrator, has announced the OSCAR assignment: “On December 26, 2021, the XW-3 (CAS-9) satellite was launched on a CZ-4C launch vehicle from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center, China. Also known as Hope-3, XW-3 (CAS-9) was developed by the Chinese Amateur Satellite Group (CAMSAT) in cooperation with the Chinese government’s aerospace and education departments, and is used to provide services to amateur radio enthusiasts around the world and to educate students in science and technology. CAMSAT completed the design and manufacture of the amateur radio payload and manages the satellite in-orbit operation.

At the request of CAMSAT and the XW-3 (CAS-9) team, AMSAT hereby designates XW-3 (CAS-9) as Hope-OSCAR 113 (HO-113). We congratulate the owners and operators of HO-113, thank them for their contribution to the amateur satellite community, and wish them continued success on this and future projects.”

1 Like

interestingly, the manual is also mentioning an X-Band transceiver payload.
I’ve asked Alan for information and will post details when available.

2 Likes

XW-3(CAS-9) Amateur Radio Satellite User’s Manual V1.11.pdf (981.3 KB)

2 Likes

Attached is the XW-3 (CAS-9) Amateur Radio Satellite User’s Manual V2.0, with updated photo download remote commands and photo data format.

XW-3(CAS-9) Amateur Radio Satellite User’s Manual V2.0.pdf (1.0 MB)

1 Like

Can this satellite be used by voice by radio amateurs?

1 Like

Yes. Although you could have just looked that up instead of bumping an old thread. CAMSAT XW-3 (CAS-9) is Designated Hope-OSCAR-113 (HO-113)

The amateur radio inverting V/U 100 mW linear transponder uplink is 145.870 MHz, and the downlink is 435.180 MHz. The transponder passband is 30 kHz.