Auto scheduling

Sounds like I need to open a new one. I’ll get onto it.

1 Like

@g7kse, just a quick note that the emply line in the priorities file I mentioned was at the end of the file.

2 Likes

Have been trying to get the auto-scheduler working. I’ve got my API token set in .env and have three entries in the priorities.txt file. When trying a test run I get the following error(s):

pi@raspberrypi4:~/satnogs-auto-scheduler$ python3 ./schedule_single_station.py -s 488 -n
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “./schedule_single_station.py”, line 8, in
from utils import get_priority_passes,
File “/home/pi/satnogs-auto-scheduler/utils.py”, line 2, in
import settings
File “/home/pi/satnogs-auto-scheduler/settings.py”, line 1, in
from decouple import config
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘decouple’

Re-running the requirements.txt install shows that ‘decouple’ is satisfied. I’m a new Linux user…
Tnx.

1 Like

How do you install the requirements?
If you use pip install, try to use pip3 install.

2 Likes

I used pip. Wasn’t even aware of ;pip3. Thanks for the tip.

After installing requirements with pip3 the auto-scheduler now works!

1 Like

I had the same problem. Also found that the solution was to uses pip3. https://gitlab.com/librespacefoundation/satnogs/satnogs-auto-scheduler/issues/23

1 Like

Having this same issue still, with the latest version of auto scheduler. I can’t seem to figure out to which empty line you’re referring? I get the same error as you when trying out your command and when trying the one from scheduler documentation. Can you remember where was the empty line in the file? Or just share your priorities files please.

Thanks!

Hello Ivor …
the “empty line” I am referring to was an empty line in the file reads.
This “emtpyt line” was at the end of the file.
After I removed this last line, all was working fine.

Hi, thanks for your response! Sadly I can’t find that empty line. Still get the following error:

File “./schedule_single_station.py”, line 275, in
main()
File “./schedule_single_station.py”, line 224, in main
priorities, favorite_transmitters = read_priorities_transmitters(priority_filename)
File “/home/pi/satnogs-auto-scheduler/utils.py”, line 22, in read_priorities_transmitters
prio = parts[1]
IndexError: list index out of range

I’ll create a bug on scheduler gitlab and see what the devs say.

Thanks!

@ivor Can you share your priorities file please (either here or in a gitlab issue)? I’ll try to reproduce & fix the issue then.

Best wishes,
Fabian

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your response! I tried with the provided example from gitlab, under “Setup priority scheduling”. I just copy pasted it and changed the station ID on relevant places. I’ve also tried changing it to APT only but same result.

STATION_ID=521
TRM_FILE=“/tmp/cache/transmitters_${STATION_ID}.txt”
PRIO_FILE=“priorities_${STATION_ID}.txt”

awk ‘{if ($3>=80) print $0 }’ ${TRM_FILE} | grep -e “FSK” | awk ‘{printf(“%s 1.0 %s\n”,$1,$2)}’ > ${PRIO_FILE}
awk ‘{if ($3>=0) print $0 }’ ${TRM_FILE} | grep -e “BPSK1k2” | awk ‘{printf(“%s 1.0 %s\n”,$1,$2)}’ >> ${PRIO_FILE}
awk ‘{if ($3>=0) print $0 }’ ${TRM_FILE} | grep -e “BPSK9k6” | awk ‘{printf(“%s 1.0 %s\n”,$1,$2)}’ >> ${PRIO_FILE}
awk ‘{if ($3>=80) print $0 }’ ${TRM_FILE} | grep -e “MSK” | awk ‘{printf(“%s 1.0 %s\n”,$1,$2)}’ >> ${PRIO_FILE}
sort -n -k 4 ${TRM_FILE} | grep -e “DUV” | awk ‘{printf(“%s 1.0 %s\n”,$1,$2)}’ >> ${PRIO_FILE}

Ivor …
Here is my priorities file “priorities_901.txt”, without an empty line at the end.

priorities_901 - copie.txt (155 Bytes)

1 Like

Hi @frenchbazou,

Thanks! Hmm, this is very different format from the one on the scheduler gitlab. I’ll try to make my own based on your list and report back.

Thank you!

Tried with @frenchbazou’s priorities file and it still fails. Even updated to the last client version. Any help with using auto scheduler is greatly appreciated.

Ivor …
Hum. Well you got me there ! My priorities file should be OK, but if you have errors reading it, I really do not know what to look for - I am not that python savvy though.

1 Like

Hi, no problem, really appreciate all the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone else using auto scheduler currently and with latest version? It would be great if a few more people could share their priorities lists so we can compare and learn from it! Thanks!

Ivor … could you fix your problem ?

1 Like

Unfortunately no, but thanks for asking!

Hello,

Is it possible to create a priority list by satellite and transmitter?
(I saw that this was possible by type of transmitter)
Ex: ISS Mode V / U FM - Voice Repeater

Thanks