Analysis for finding STARS-AO norad id

Before starting I want to thank @cgbsat for his initial script in one of the previous satellites deployment which I used for finding and confirming norad ids for Ten-Koh and Cubebel-1 and guessing right STARS-AO one.

Given that most of the objects of this launch have now been recognized and the fact that we had caught several good observations of STARS-AO before getting into silence, I’ve started comparing non-recognized objects against our good observations.

So according to celestrak, there were three candidates. These candidates were the ones from which I chose TLE, luckily the correct ones, for some of the last good observations of STARS-AO. The candidates were: 43671(2018-084A - TENKOU according to spacetrack), 43679(2018-084J) and 43681(2018-084K).

Bellow you can see three videos, one for each of these objects compared with the good observations of STARS-AO. In these videos you will see with a red line, the theoretical signal from the satellites, calculated with the used TLE and the nearest, in the observation start time, announced TLE from spacetrack.

Also for each of the waterfalls in the videos, you will see a filename in the bottom left corner which consists of:

  1. observation start time
  2. observation id
  3. name of the compared object
  4. the time difference in days between spacetrack TLE and observation start.
  5. A if spacetrack TLE are after the observation start, B if TLE are before the observation start.

You will see that the wrong two objects start to differentiate from the received signal at the last observations in 2018-10-29 and continue more and more in the next observations.

43671 - 2018-084A:

43679 - 2018-084J - The right norad id:

43681 - 2018-084K:

Norad id of STARS-AO changed to 43679 on both db and network.


Awesome, this is great work, @fredy!


Useful and wonderful work.